Blizzard finally announced today the answer to the question that every World of Warcraft player on the planet(and every competitor in the MMO genre)has been asking since the launch of Cataclysm: when is Mists of Pandaria coming?
Today blizzard revealed that Pandaria (opens in new tab) will be going live on September 25, 2012, and that it will be launching with a couple tiers of special edition, in case you feel like paying more than the $39.99 (plus $15/month subscription) price.
Similar to other WoW expansions, Pandaria will feature a retail special edition that costs $79.99 and presumably comes with fine wine and cheese at that price. There’s also a digital deluxe edition that runs $59.99.
– World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
– World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
– StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net
– Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest
Retail Special Edition:
– Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer
-Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of
-The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
-Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary Pandaren brewmaster.